After identifying your ideal target market, it is essential to note any similar characteristics they share. Some of the obvious pertain to where they live, what they make, how old are they, do they have kids. These are common demographic data points that you can isolate. However, what you may overlook are the psychographic commonalities. What is that?! Once you have write down demographic similarities, take a moment to observe some of the psychographic distinctions of your ideal target market.
- Who influences them? Religion? Politics? Strongly held beliefs?
- What is their relationship or potential relationship to you?
- Where do they go for information?
- What concerns keep them up at night?
- What are their interests, hobbies, or pastimes?
- Where do they shop, eat, hang out?
- How do the dress?
- What kind of cars do they drive?
- What do they want from you?