Have you seen the commercial with the famous NBA player, Blake Griffin? He starts by asking the viewer, “Do you want to be amazing?” Every time I see it, I say in my head, “Yes!” Heck, who doesn’t want to be amazing at something? I believe that in today’s business world it has never been easier to be amazing. Think about your daily encounters and how many people make a positive impact on you. I’m guessing that the list in your head is quite small.
Here is a simple list of ways for you, the business professional, to be amazing:
- Make eye contact and smile.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, and texts.
- Ask others genuine questions about themselves that do not involve anything you sell.
- Connect two professionals that could be potential referral partners.
- Keep your commitments.
- Show gratitude.
- Provide testimonials to those who deserve them.
- Send a hand-written note on special occasions.
- Be inclusive of others.
- Take the initiative and introduce yourself to new people.
- Give others your complete attention.
- Be on time, but if you are late, call.
- Volunteer your time.
As you can see, anyone has the ability to be truly amazing. It has never been easier to separate yourself from your competition and make a lasting, positive impression.
Keep it personal.