- A little can go a long way: Writing a few social media posts each week will help to build your visibility. It doesn’t require long, tedious hours at your computer.
- You don’t need to be a Rocket Scientist: Effective marketing requires an understanding of who is in your target audience and how you can creatively engage with them.
- Variety is the spice of life: Keep your marketing communication mix is varied. Individuals in any given target market will use different watering holes to obtain their information. Variety will ensure no one misses your message.
- Keeping it personal is best: Remember that people buy from people, not businesses. People buy from those that they know, like, and trust.
- It’s a lifestyle, not a diet: Being a true marketer is like making a lifestyle change, not trying a new diet.
- One size does not fit all: There is no one solution that will fit every business. Recognizing that a marketing strategy is like a finger print, reflecting the brand, personality, and unique characteristics is key.
- Keep it real: Authenticity will pay off in the long run. Knowing your “why” and what your core values are will help you stay on course in keeping it real.
- The squeaky wheel really does get the oil: We are inundated with thousands of marketing messages every day. Those that are the “loudest” typically get the pay off.
Keep it simple.