The shingles are flapping, my dog is unsettled, and I just heard that my recycling bin vanished from my driveway… All of this forces me to think about how businesses and organizations react when they face tumultuous winds. Like the stranded boat caught in the perfect storm, how we react will make all the difference.
It’s not abnormal to react in a way that addresses issues of the here and now. In fact that is necessary. However, you need make moves that will have positive results even after the wind stops blowing.
1. Dig deep into your circle of influence. Strengthen those relationships.
2. Guard your current client base.
3. Open new markets (be careful with this one. You don’t want to spread yourself thin).
4. Provide added value that meets consumer needs without sacrificing your brand.
5. Reevaluate your message.
6. Review your long term vision and don’t stray too far from your plan (If you don’t have one, then now is a good time to create one).
Keep it High Touch!