Use it or Leave it?
“So, I run a small to medium size business in Lebanon, Ohio. Do I really need a TikTok account to stay cutting-edge?”
Great question! Here’s Dimalanta’s answer:
TikTok is quickly becoming one of the best tools for skyrocketing your business to success. If you are a Baby Boomer or someone who is unfamiliar with the social media preferences of teenagers, you may be wondering what all the hype is about. TikTok has grown into one of the world’s most popular social platforms. The fame and usage of this app has even surpassed Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. TikTok features videos that are 15-180 seconds and does limit the amount of ad spots available. This is good news for you! Your ad won’t get lost in the abyss of competing ads on this platform. TikTok even has a self-serving advertising platform making it easy to create TikTok ads and promote your business in fun and surprising ways.
The first rule of marketing is to know where your ideal target audience spends the majority of their time and energy. In this case, their social media energy. TikTok targets Millennials and Generation Z, in fact, 41% of TikTok users are 16-24. If your ideal target audience doesn’t fall in this demographic you may not want to give brain calories to this app. But, if you’re strategizing to create brand awareness or to show a more lighthearted side of your organization, we highly recommend grabbing a TikTok account.
Here are some tips on creating a TikTok ad from Influencer Marketing Hub https://influencermarketinghub.com/tiktok-advertising/ that make this process simple and easy:
- Create a TikTok ad account. Be sure to select your region and set up a business account.
- Create TikTok ad campaigns. TikTok uses the same type of system as Facebook and many other platforms.
- Set your ad placements and ad details. Any relevant URLs, display names, images, and categories.
- Target the audience for your ad campaign. You can also create custom audiences.
- Set an ad budget and schedule for your campaign.
- Set your optimization goal. There is little point in creating a campaign without a goal! Identify key metrics you hope to change with your campaign.
- Design your ad and upload relevant assets. Use that video creation kit for some fun!
- Monitor your TikTok ad campaign.
New tools are hard to use, but if you approach this process with courage and excitement, your brand may discover a whole new demographic within reach. TikTok is meant to stay light, positive, and fun. So, have a good time and show a more human side of your business the world did not expect to see.